WELCOME TO

Darien

GENESEE COUNTY, NEW YORK






VILLAGES / AREAS:

Darien Center, Corfu Station, Longwood, Darien, Fargo, Griswold, North Darien, Lehigh





ORGANIZATIONS / PEOPLE:

Town Hall, 10569 Allegheny Rd., Darien Center, 14040 585-547-2274

Town Clerk, same as above

Town Historian:
Elmer Heiman
10709 Allegany Road
Darien Center, NY 14040
(585) 547-2294



CEMETERIES:

Colby Family Plot, East side of Colby Rd, north of Tichley Rd, in a pasture on a hillside, abandoned, first burial 1822, last 1920

Maple Hill Cemetery (North Darien Cemetery), East side of Simonds Rd., incorporated active, first burial 1812

Alleghany Road Cemetery (Dr. Vickery Cemetery, Cotton Schoool Cemetery, Flagler Cemetery), East side of Rt 77, south fo Sumner Rd, abandoned, first burial 1816

Sutherland-Delano Family Plot, East side of Colby Rd., north of junction with Sumner Rd., abandoned, first burial 1824

Old Towne (Humphrey Cemetery, Back Street Cemetery)side of Rt 20 west of Werner Rd, abandoned, first burial 1813

Our Lady of Good Counsel, East side of Rt 77, religious active cemetery, first burial 1910

Darien Center Cemetery, East side of Colby Rd., incorporated active cemetery, first burial 1819

Seventh Day Adventist (May Cemetery, County Line Road Cemetery) , East side of County Line Rd, just north of Alley Rd., abandoned, first burial 1825

Labeus Larkin Family Plot (Libbaeus Larkin), East of CountyLine Rd., just north of Alley Rd., walk due north to pine tree for family plot.

Phelps Plot, Single tombstone found on former Bennett Farm; east of Simonds Rd. and south of Bennett Rd.


Dr. Vickery Cemetery



CHURCHES:
United Methodist, 1951 Bway Rd. Darien Center 547-3525

North Darien Baptist, 9762 Simons Rd., Darien Center 547-9646


Our Lady of Good Counsel, 10677 Alleghany Rd (Rt77), Darien Center NY 14040. Phone: 585 547-3547





FIRST SETTLERS:










BOOKS:

The Gazetteer and Business Directory of Genesee County, N.Y. for 1869-70; Compiled and published by Hamilton Child, Syracuse, NY, 1869.






You are our visitor-- since January 20, 1997 -- thanks for stopping by!

This page was last updated on--


Back to Main Page